Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Since everyone's all worked up about fake AG dolls....

  1. #21
    Inactive Member caroloto's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by GreyMyst:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by caroloto:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by simplepretty:
    the astericks are only on the newer AG dolls
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was just about to post this too! The PM's dolls or should we say limbs don't have any marking on them at all.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But on a doll with an American Girl body tag like that one, they SHOULD be there. Since most fakes have body tags, the asterisk is something to look for.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Your right the astericks and body tags go together on Mattel AG's! On PM no astericks. Thanks!

  2. #22
    Inactive Member julliams's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 3rd, 2006
    Posts
    162
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have just worked out why they look pop eyed - the white of the eye can be seen at the top of the iris. You don't get this with real people's eyes unless they make a "surprise" face and really over open their eyes. If you look at AG you can't see a full circle - the top of the eye is under the eyelashes. Maybe just a small adjustment could fix this? Juliette

  3. #23
    13Pumpkins
    Guest 13Pumpkins's Avatar

    Post

    Your doll is really cute! I'm glad the doll went to someone that loves her, poor thing. It's not her fault she's a fakey... [img]frown.gif[/img]
    I agree, She would be cute with glasses too!
    I can't wait to see pictures of her all fixed up.
    [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member FelinaDoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2005
    Posts
    692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    She is wonderful - Glad you got her

    What about Blossom for a name - She is like a flower who will bloom in her own time.

    She would make a perfect traveling doll

  5. #25
    Inactive Member heidiabigail's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 7th, 2005
    Posts
    688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the astericks are only on the newer AG dolls

  6. #26
    Inactive Member caroloto's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 18th, 2004
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by simplepretty:
    the astericks are only on the newer AG dolls
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was just about to post this too! The PM's dolls or should we say limbs don't have any marking on them at all.

  7. #27
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by caroloto:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by simplepretty:
    the astericks are only on the newer AG dolls
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was just about to post this too! The PM's dolls or should we say limbs don't have any marking on them at all.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But on a doll with an American Girl body tag like that one, they SHOULD be there. Since most fakes have body tags, the asterisk is something to look for.

  8. #28
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Sail-Away:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by simplepretty:
    the astericks are only on the newer AG dolls
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry but that isn't quite true. I have an AGoT from 2000 and she also has the astricks.

    Hmmmm. I guess it depends on what the opinion of "newer" really is doesn't it? [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Huh, is that so? My AGT # 13 Sadie is from the year 2000 and has a * under each armpit.

    ETA: Sadies obviously not a PM so I guess if you resopnd to this saying "Duh!", I understand!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 15, 2006 07:04 PM: Message edited by: MissCurlyCat ]</font>

  9. #29
    Inactive Member 3castles's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2006
    Posts
    372
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Thanks for posting this. I've been wondering too!
    Since I'm fairly new to AG's, it's scary that you could buy one and it not be a real AG!!!

    The new sticky is great too!!!!!

    I'm adding this to my favorites in case I ever have this come up again!!!!

    Thanks for the comparison! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •